Polaris runs SIA 1 day APL Courses for those who are eligable quarterly in London, The cost is - £175.00
Please see below to confirm eligibility to qualify for this course.
If you already have some form of formal close protection training it may mean that you are exempt from all or part of the SIA approved training. Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) are as follows:
1. Depending on the date and content of the training they have taken and to what extent the training covered the learning objectives of the new Close Protection course for licensing, they will be directed to take either the full 150 hours full Close Protection Course or the 24 hour Guided Learning Hours Refresher Course.
2. Candidates who have completed formal close protection training from the organisations listed below and have remained in an operational close protection role, will be exempt from further training but will be required to take the knowledge test and a practical skills assessment.
- Special Air Service Regiment Body Guard Course
- Royal Military Police Close Protection Course
- Police National Protection Officers Course ( Inc SO1,SO14)
It is strongly recommended that candidates who present themselves for assessment only should consider attending a 24 hour Refresher Course. Those who have trained in either a police or military environment may find the terminology and procedures to be different in a civilian context and this would give them the best opportunity of passing the assessment.
Please contact- firstname.lastname@example.org for further information